• Your intended session selections and explain why the knowledge and skills gained will be valuable to your organization.
• List all the areas where your department and organization face challenges. Then indicate the sessions you want to
attend (or who you plan to visit with) that can help you overcome these challenges.
• Provide a list of vendors (both current and potential) who you would like to meet with. Be sure to note the efficiency and
cost saved by being able to meet with so many current and future business partners over a short period of time.
• Don’t forget to include the low cost of registration, airfare, meals, and lodging in order to make it a
1. I always go to another conference OR I can only attend one conference a year.
CEIC is the best buy. CEIC registration costs considerably less than other industry conferences,
while offering the most innovative, timely breakouts, an exhibit hall with the exact vendors you are looking for, and
hard-to-find networking opportunities. Sign up early to take advantage of great discounts.
CEIC offers lectures and hands-on labs delivered by industry-leading experts, which gives attendees
the opportunity to learn the latest techniques and methodologies in cybersecurity, incident response, digital forensics,
eDiscovery and enterprise investigations. At CEIC you are able to test-drive technologies while being taught by
professionals. CEIC covers the hottest, most current and relevant industry topics.
2. I attended CEIC in the past and my manager won’t let me attend again.
Each year, CEIC offers more than 30% new sessions for me to attend. The sessions being offered this
year are current and deal with the hot topics and issues we are currently facing.
3. Budgets are tight this year; a conference just isn’t in the budget.
Invest in your employees. CEIC isn’t just a conference, it is hands-on practical training that you can
put to use right away.
The one-time low registration fee includes all learning sessions, keynote, networking events, and
meals during conference hours, thus reducing out of pocket expenses. Not only that, but the EnCE® and EnCEP™
exams are included in the price. And the earlier you register the better, because you can take advantage of steep
Early Bird discounts.
4. I work for the government; we can’t afford the room rates.
There are a limited number of government rooms at the prevailing government rate.
Act now, these are available on a first come, first served basis.
5. Orlando is too far.
Actually, Orlando is easy and affordable to get to.
6. Sessions we want always fill quickly and I end up on a waitlist.
70% of attendees state the labs are the number one reason that they attend CEIC. The Rosen Shingle Creek has significant lab room. There will be 11 tracks, which will allow you to get into a session of your choice.
7. I can’t attend all the sessions; is it possible to get the handouts from all?
Yes. All the lab handouts provided by presenters will be available to you on-site at CEIC.
8. In the past some of the sessions were vendor pitches.
We give strict guidelines to all of our presenters to create educational sessions aimed at further educating
our attendees. Presenters are instructed to create educational materials and keep all topics to the pre-accepted
guidelines. From time to time however, we do have vendors that ignore our guidelines and develop a
sales/marketing geared presentation. For 2013 we have developed event stricter guidelines and with the help of
our speaker committee, we feel confident that sales/marketing presentations will be non-existent in 2013.
9. Can we take the EnCE for free? Will they run out of room?
The EnCE exam will be offered on-site at no additional cost. The exam will be available at multiple
times throughout the conference to allow more people to take the exam and for you to select the best test time for
your schedule. There will be adequate room for everyone to take the test. If you have any further questions
please contact Miautra Dias at Miautra.email@example.com
10. Is there an EnCE test for eDiscovery?
The eDiscovery exam (EnCEP) is now available and was offered for the first time at CEIC 2010. The EnCEP
will be offered to qualified attendees during CEIC 2013. All qualifications are listed on www.ceicconference.com/certifications.htm
11. Can I get CPE credits for attending?
Yes. Ask for the CPE form at on-site registration. You can complete the form and return it to
registration desk at the end of the conference.
12. Will there be any CLE certified labs?
Yes. The agenda will note which labs are CLE certified. A list of CLE certified states will be posted
on the CEIC website.